To provide a free modern English Study Bible with comprehensive and relevant study tools that match or exceed the quality of most commercially available software.
The included Bible study materials are the personal views and convictions of their respective authors and may not necessarily reflect the views of this site or even the correct interpretation of the Bible. Please read and study the Scriptures for yourself.
The World English Bible (WEB) is a Public Domain (no copyright) Modern English translation of the Holy Bible, based on the American Standard Version of the Holy Bible first published in 1901, the Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensa Old Testament, and the Greek Majority Text New Testament. It is in draft form, and currently being edited for accuracy and readability. The New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs are close to how they will read when they are finished, but most of the Old Testament still contains some archaic grammar that will be revised. For more information, please see the World English Bible Frequently Asked Questions. Comments on the World English Bible should be directed to editors@eBible.org. This version of the World English Bible has been derived from public domain sources.
Nave's Topical Bible. Nave's Topics were originally produced by Orville J. Nave, A.M., D.D., LL.D. while serving as a Chaplin in the United States Army. He referred to this work as "the result of fourteen years of delightful and untiring study of the Word of God." Nave's topics were originally published in the early 1900's, and a photo-offset reproduction is currently published by Hendrickson, ISBN 0-917006-02-X. The title page states that this work consists of 20,000+ topics and subtopics, and 100,000 references to the Scriptures. These topics were created from an existing electronic copy which was being sold commercially and contained so many errors as to render it nearly useless. After contacting the business in question, and discussing the copyrightability of Public Domain material, they concurred that the actual data, separate from the program and format they created, is Public Domain. The text has since been passed through a series of programs searching for a variety of error patterns, as well as visual spot checking. It is believed the present material is greater than 99% clean, although a printed copy should be consulted if questions arise. Great care was taken to remove any non-original material, resulting in completely Public Domain data original to Dr. Nave. This version of Nave's Topical Bible has been derived from public domain sources found at the Bible Foundation e-Text Library.
The New Topical Textbook by R. A. Torrey. These topical references are from R. A. Torrey's New Topical Textbook published by Sword of the Lord Publishers, P.O. Box 1099, Murfreesboro, TN, 37133. No copyright notice appears on the book, and it is a reprint of the original edition which is out of copyright. This version of Torrey's Topical Textbook has been derived from public domain sources found at the Bible Foundation e-Text Library.
Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary. These Dictionary topics are from M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. This version of Easton's Bible Dictionary has been derived from public domain sources found at the Bible Foundation e-Text Library.
Smith's Bible Dictionary by William Smith, L.L.D. This version of Smith's Bible Dictionary has been derived from public domain sources found at biblestudytools.net.
Scriptures taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION ®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House. All rights reserved.
1. What information does this site gather or track about you? The http server automatically logs the following information: the source IP address, error code, bytes transferred, time and date, filename or CGI request, referring address, browser type and version, and CPU and operating system versions. This information is standard for all web servers. No other information is gathered. Cookies are not used. No personalized login system is used. No registration or membership system is used.
2. What does this site do with this information? The http server logs are used only for web server administration which includes: understanding usage patterns and optimizing performance, checking for bad internal links, and protecting the overall security. Search keywords and usage are studied for future optimizations.
3. With whom does this site shares this information with? Only with law enforcement officials in the unlikely event that this site is used in an unlawful activity
4. What is this site's opt-out policy? Not applicable. No registration or membership system is used. There is nothing to opt-out of since you'll never be opt-in.
5. What is this site's policy for updating personally identifiable information? Not applicable. No registration or membership system is used. There is no personally identifiable information.
6. What this site's policy on deleting your name from its database? Not applicable. No registration or membership system is used. There is no user database.
Please feel free to email me mark at studybible dot net if you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this site.
Copyright © 2000-2017. All rights reserved. Site Information